what do you say - forgetting someone's name

This has happened to me more often than I would like to admit. I have taken different approaches, depending on my reading of the situation. Generally, I tend to adopt the "honesty is the best policy" approach. I might say something along the lines of “…do you believe I can’t remember your name?!” In other circumstances, I have refocused the conversation to allow the two persons to take over – along the lines of “… have the two of you had the opportunity to introduce yourselves?” I expect that as we age we will face these dilemmas more frequently.

from Elissa

1 comment:

Sandy said...

It happens all to often to me. It depends on the situation. When I am with Michael, I nudge him which is our signal that he needs to introduce himself first. This works quite well